SAKSHAM SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME For Specially Abled Students
SAKSHAM SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR ESPECIALLY ABLED STUDENT
Saksham is an MHRD Scheme being implemented by AICTE aimed at providing encouragement and support to, especially abled children to pursue Technical Education. This is an attempt to give every young student, who is otherwise especially abled, the opportunity to study further and prepare for a successful future.
Salient Features of the Scheme
- Total Number of Scholarship-1000 per Annum ( 500 for Degree and 500 for Diploma)
- The Scholarships for Degree and Diploma are transferable in event of no availability of eligible applicants in any of the Degree/Diploma level Programme.
- The candidate should be admitted to 1st year of Degree/Diploma course in any of the AICTE approved Institutions of a respective year through the Centralized Admission Process of the State/Central Government.
- Specially Abled Student, having disability of not less than 40% and family income not more than 8 lakh per annum during the preceding financial year (in case of a married girl, the income of parents/in-laws, whichever is higher will be considered).
- The selection of candidates will be made on merit on the basis of qualifying examination to peruse the respective Technical Degree/Diploma course from any of the AICTE approved institutions.
- Amount of scholarship: Tuition Fee of Rs. 30,000/- or at actual, whichever is less and Rs.2000/- per month for 10 months as incidentals charges each year.
- In case of Tuition fee waiver/reimbursement, Students are eligible to get an amount of Rs. 30,000/- for the purchase of Books/Equipment/Softwares/ Laptop/Desktop/Vehicle/Fee paid towards competitive examination applications forms/exam/ specific equipment/ software’s for visually impaired/ speech and hearing disabled.
- Reservation-15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC candidate/applicant.